Saturday, May 12, 2012

Last week was so much fun studying dinosaurs and paleontologists.  We did a couple of the activities from Deanna Jump's dinosaur unit and the kids especially loved doing the paleontologist and the cookie "dig"!  As soon as I get my photos off my iPhone, I'll post them here.

Next week we will be doing some physical science experiments because the kids LOVE, LOVE, LOVE science and experiments!  On Thursday, Dr. Dino is coming from the zoo to show the children some fossils and talk to them about paleontology!  Whoo hoo!  (It doesn't hurt that his wife is the art teacher at our school and arranged this for us!)

Then during our last week we will be doing a unit about the ocean.  My roommoms are planning an end-of-the-year ocean-themed party.  They are soooo wonderful!  I couldn't do it without them!

My PGP this year (how we are evaluated) focused on non-linguistic representations, so I created some Thinking Maps and graphical organizers for our ocean theme:

Click on picture to download graphical organizer

Click on picture to download graphical organizer

Here's a thumbnail of samples from the 34 page packet:

Ten days until beach time!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment