Thursday, November 3, 2011

How Many Days Have We Been in School: Ten frames page for binder

It seemed like the first two months of school went by very slowly and all of a sudden....WHOOSH!!! The weeks are flying by.  What I am NOT experiencing this year that I did last year after about six weeks is that feeling of "settling in" and feeling like the frenzy has settled down.  I feel as frenzied now as I did at the beginning!  :-)  Anyone else feeling that way?  Some of us in our district feel it's because of the added pressure of the new teacher evaluation program.  I think it's a couple of things: the recession, starting the year out with an over-crowded classroom, AND the new performance appraisal system which has required a lot of effort at the time of year when our energies needed to be expended elsewhere...catch my drift?!

Today I spent all day in the School Board Meeting Room, attending the Primary Math Contact meeting.  We learned today that we will start implementing the CCSS next year in kindergarten and first grade, probably.  But, in comparing the CCSS to our Sunshine State Standards, it doesn't look like it's going to be a huge leap.  Phew!  I am about 'leaped' out!

One thing I FINALLY did tonight that I should've done at least a month ago was to create a page for our calendar binder for the children to count the days we've been in school using ten frames.  Here it is:
How Many Days Have We Been in School?




No comments:

Post a Comment